HP recovers PC and print business

Dion Weisler, CEO of HP Inc., has a smile. In the second fiscal quarter (ending April 30) of its fiscal year 2017, the company it manages saw the revenues of its PC and Impression divisions progress simultaneously. A situation that the manufacturer had not known since 2010 and which allowed it to generate an overall turnover of 12.4 M €, up 7% compared to the same period in 2016.


As the main source of this overall growth, HP's PC division recorded billings up 10% to $ 7.66 billion and an operating margin of 3.2%. The builder was particularly dynamic in the consumer segment, where its revenues rose by 16%, without demeriting in the professional segment (+ 7%). These levels of growth were achieved thanks to deliveries overall up by 5% (+ 12% on notebooks and -6% on desktops).

More than 17% operating margin in printing

More limited, printing billings improved (including consumables) to 2% to $ 4.74 billion. On the other hand, the division generated an operating margin of 17.4%. Its sales to professionals increased the most to reach 6% against 3% in the general public.

The only drawback in this quarter, which is to mark a milestone, HP's operating income declined by 2.7% to $ 818 million. Net income was $ 559 million, down 11.12% from the second quarter of 2016.



Newsletter subscriber

Follow Us

Facebook  Google Plus  Tweet 
You are here: Home Latest News “Facebook at Work” braced to topple LinkedIn’s dominance of online business networking